1. Do you have a go to song that always puts you in a good mood?
Not necessarily just one song, but rather a collection of artists that I used to listen to in High School ... Five Iron Frenzy, All Star United, Jars of Clay, D.C. Talk ... not that I don't like to listen to them now, but my music selection is usually chosen by what is playing on the Christian station on our satellite dish! :)
2. Are you a real Christmas tree kinda person or do you go with a real fake one?
I think if there were a tree farm around here where my family could go to together and choose out a tree and cut it down, I would be a real tree kind of girl. However, that just isn't an easy option where we are (and though it is an option, finding a decent tree is nearly impossible!). Given the fact that we are usually travelling at some point during the holidays, we are fully embracing our first year using an artificial tree that we were wonderfully blessed with from my sister's family (who has taken up the love of cutting their own tree!)! Plus, we won't have a million pine needles to clean out of our carpets this year!
3. What are you thankful for?
My loving Heavenly Father who sent his Son to save me. I couldn't imagine a bigger sacrifice or a bigger love. My amazing husband who has taught me so much about unconditional love. My five fabulous kids who continue to amaze and inspire me each and every day. My parents and siblings, whom I love more and more every single day. My friends who are teaching me about true friendships. My home: the roof over my head, the heat to keep me warm, the kitchen to cook in, the bed to sleep in. My LIFE! I am so incredibly blessed!
4. Which fashion fad from the past do you wish you could wear today?
Huge, beautiful dresses. How fun to be fancy all the time!
5. Do you wait until the "low fuel" light comes on before you fill up the gas tank?Absolutely not! I can't stand it when I'm playing "gas tank roulette"! I usually fill up once I've gone below half a tank because you never know when you're going to need to jump in the truck and run an errand in a HURRY ... and having to stop and put gas in it just ruins that whole "hurrying" part of it! :)