It's no secret that I'm not good at updating my blog. I really, truly am sorry for that. I wish I had the passion for writing and the time to do it that I used to have ... but I just don't! I don't think that's a bad thing, though. Here are some of the great things that are keeping me busy:
- I went back to work almost two months ago. I am managing a salon in a town near me and I absolutely LOVE it! My life is a little more chaotic, and trying to balance it all out doesn't always work out the best, but at the end of the day I am a much happier wife and mom because I have this job!
- Ethan has been in daycare since I started my job and it has been SO good for him. Miss Holly (his daycare provider) is completely amazing! He is learning so much and he loves the other kids at his daycare. Plus, he's REALLY happy to see mommy pick him up at the end of the day, which makes this mama's heart SO happy!
- Claire will be 16 next month! She currently has her learner's permit (for driving) and is doing her best to figure out the chaos of controlling a vehicle. She's doing pretty well, though I do wish we had more time to dedicate to letting her drive more frequently.
- Monte and I will celebrate our 5th anniversary in a few weeks. I can't believe that we have been a family for five years already! Those years have flown and our kids have changed and grown so much - it's almost unreal! I am hoping that the next five years slow down so I can truly enjoy the time that my kids are still living at home with us!
- I'm starting to wish that I was a little less of a morning person! Days like today are great days to sleep in a little bit, but my eyes popped open at 5:30am and there was no going back to sleep. My family and friends make fun of me that I go to bed right after I put Ethan in bed at 8:30pm, but it is so nice to be awake and refreshed in the morning!
- Ethan and I have started a bedtime routine that I love! After I put him in his crib, he wants me to crawl in there with him and snuggle. We will snuggle, make airplanes out of our hands, play "Jake and the Neverland Pirates" and pretend that his crib is a ship. The other night he wanted me to get daddy to climb in there with us .. he doesn't quite get the fact that there's just not enough room!
- I attended Women of Faith in St. Paul again this past October and it was SO wonderful. Great time with amazing friends, wonderful music, phenomenal worship, great speakers. I LOVE it!
There are lots of other things going on, too, but those are the highlights! I hope to blog more regularly, but unfortunately I can't make any promises. For now, now that I'm missing you!! :)
Peace out, girl scout!
1 month ago