By definition, I am:
- A child of God, saved by grace and growing in faith each and every day.
- A wife to the most amazing man I have ever known.
- A step-mother to four absolutely fantastic kids.
- A mother-to-be to one little boy who loves to kick!
- A daughter.
- A sister.
- A step-sister.
- A friend (thanks for the reminder Shawn!) :)
- A homemaker.
These are things that I know are facts about myself - these are the things that help to define my identity. While there are many other things that I know about myself, they are not necessarily as defining of who I am as they are potential character traits. Those things include:
- Quick to love unconditionally.
- Quick to forgive.
- Overly anal about (oftentimes very stupid) things.
- A perfectionist, though nowhere near perfect.
- Occasionally too hard on my kids, forgetting that they, too, are not perfect and sometimes forgetting to allow them to just enjoy being kids.
- A lover of laughter.
It is these traits that cause me to continually be growing and learning more about my role in this life. I want to be remembered for being a woman who is strong in her faith and cherishes her relationship with God. I want to be remembered as a woman who loved her family unconditionally and lavished that love upon them. A woman who had patience to give out abundantly and grace to forgive unendingly. There are things about my character that I do not like (i.e. being too hard on my children) and those things are areas of my life that I continue to strive to grow in. I pray about them and ask for God to direct me and to show me the additional areas where I need to grow. The funny thing about asking this question is the fact that, no matter how many times I seem to ask it, there is ALWAYS an answer and always an area of my life that I need to grow.
I won't settle for complacency in my life. I am striving to make more defining facts about myself that are in line with the Word of God and with His will for my life. I am not perfect and am striving to not expect perfection from myself. I am growing and I am learning, and for now, I'm okay with that!
Don't forget to visit my review blog for another chance to win a $100 Visa Gift Card, sponsored by Kellogg's and BlogHer!