Wednesday, July 2, 2008

It's done!

Well, I can finally say that most of my transitions are over! What an amazing feeling that is! Now it's just a matter of bringing more order and organization to my life, but that will come in time. Where to begin? How about I back up to last month. One of the best blessings I had last month was to get to see my best friend, Michelle! Monte and I drove to Forest City, Iowa and met up with her and Ethan (her husband) for a day of food and mini golf (a typical combination for Michelle and me!), and it was so wonderful! She's in her last month of pregnancy, so it was fun to see her with that big belly (because pictures truthfully do not do justice!). Unfortunately, our time together felt all too short, but was still completely worth every moment of the drive there!

Shortly after our mini-trip to Iowa, I got to go to Colorado for five days of relaxation! We spent most of the trip in Breckenridge, and about two days in Vail. We hiked, shopped, (the girls) had a spa day, went white water rafting, ate at LOTS of amazing restaurants, and just enjoyed the feeling of being a tourist in a new city! It was a trip that I can't wait to repeat, and one that I will hold in my heart for a LONG time!

Right after our return from Colorado is when the crazy really began! We got home on Thursday night, and the chaos started early Friday morning. Missy helped me pack up all of my stuff, and we hauled the first load of it to my storage locker in Plymouth. We met Monte and Claire for dinner at Benihana in Maple Grove (which was amazing, by the way!) and then back to Monticello to pack up the rest of my stuff. We got it all in the Tahoe, and I brought the load back to Plymouth where I met Monte and Chris. We unloaded at the townhome and took a few trips back and forth to the storage locker to get all of my furniture and belongings. What a busy night it was! I am so thankful that they were there to help me, though, as I'm not sure what I would've done without them! Afterward, we went to dinner at Bonfire and all headed out on our own separate ways. Saturday morning I woke up bright and early and drove to Jamestown, ND to my brother, Tory's, house. Spent the evening with he, Lisa (his wife) and Eli (my nephew) in preparation for Jack and Yvonne's (Lisa's parents') 30th Anniversary party. The party was great - Eli and I jetted out around 9:30pm and I brought him back to Tory's house and put him in bed. Sunday morning consisted of a quick trip to the High School (where Lisa works), an overly long visit to Babb's coffee shop, and then a drive back to the cities. I had to make stops at my sister's house and my brother's house to gather the rest of my things, but it worked out and I was back in Plymouth by about 5pm. Spent lots of time unpacking and am still completely unorganized and can't find most of my things! :)

I'm anticipating that, over the next couple of days, the townhome will become much more organized and comfortable for living. I'm excited to have it done and to have guests over! Will you be the next guest?! :)


  1. Haha I love your monthly updates. You crack me up.

  2. How's the organization coming now? It's so weird how it feels so out of control and then finally one day you look around and it's like wow i'm done!


Thank you for taking time to comment! I love hearing from each and every one of you. Please be courteous and respectful with the things you say.