This is a really fun "getting to know you" event and I'm happy to join in! Visit Lynnette's Blog to find out the details!
1. What is your favorite thing to snack on while you're blogging?
I'm not really a snacking sort of woman - it just doesn't really ever hit me that I need something to snack on. Every once in awhile I'll have yellow corn chips or Goldfish crackers, but not that frequently. However, I am almost never without a cup of Teavana tea when I'm on the computer!
2. What is one thing you wouldn't want to live without?
Being that the question asks about a thing and not about a person, I would have to say either my computer or my telephone, entirely because it's my means of communication to a whole lot of people that I love!
3. Beach, Mountains or Farm? Where would you live if you had a choice?
When I thought about it, my answer really surprised me, but I would have to say a farm. Not that I love animals, not that I love the thought of having crops (though I would love to have my own garden!), but entirely because I can see that as being the scene of many adventures for our kids. They would love it, which in turn would make me love it.
4. What's your least favorite chore/household duty?
Laundry. It's not so much the putting it in the washer or dryer that I hate, it's the folding. It's SO tedious and takes SO MUCH time! Ugh .... :)
5. Who do people say you remind them of?
I've been told a lot that I am very much like my mom, but I believe it's more because of her reoccurring 'blonde moments' and her ability to pass gas than it is anything else! :)
6. Prefer parties and socializing or staying at home with the fam?
While I love to socialize, nothing beats being with my family. I would have to say I'm somewhere in the middle - how about staying home and hosting a dinner party with friends and my family?!
7. What's your all time favorite movie?
I get made fun of for this, but it is still "Beauty and the Beast". It's a classic. Sweet girl wins over the heart of an angry and sheltered beast and true love wins out in the end. I love it!
8. Do you sleep in your make up or remove it like a good girl every night?
This is part of the reason that I love my Bare Minerals makeup - because I'm terrible at remembering to take it off before bed! I really need to take it off around 8:30pm, that way once bedtime routines are done and everybody is tucked in, my face is clean before I'm too insanely tired to do anything about it! I have mascara stains on my pillowcase that prove this fact ... :)
9. Do you have a hidden talent or a deep desire to learn something that you've never had a chance to learn? What is it?
I don't really have a hidden talent, though I would just love to be able to sing and not have people ask me to be quiet!!!
10. What's one strange thing you're really good at?
Picking things up with my toes. My sister would tell you it's because I have "monkey feet".
11. What first attracted you to your spouse?
I say that it was all God! Monte and I had been acquaintances but didn't get to know each other until we went to dinner one evening. At that dinner I realized I had found my soul mate, I was in love and we were going to be married!
12. What is something you love to smell?
No making fun of me for this, but I love the smell of Monte's deodorant! He doesn't wear cologne, but the deodorant smells great enough to be cologne :)
13. Tell something about you that you know irritates people.
I like to get fully ready (hair done, makeup on and dressed to my liking) no matter what I'm doing. I can be spending the day doing laundry and cleaning and I still want to look good doing it. I do it for myself, as I know I'm not productive when I don't get ready, but I know a few people that think I'm crazy for it!
14. When you have extra money (HA!) what's the first thing you think to do with it?
Date night with the hubby - Benihana? Yes please!
15. Are you a silent laugher or a loud laugher? What makes you laugh the hardest?
It depends on what I'm laughing at and the degree of laughter. I definitely have a loud laugh if I'm laughing at something truly funny, but if I'm laughing to appease my children, it's sometimes a silent laugh.
16. Where is your favorite place to shop?
Maurices, Maurices, Maurices!
17. What's one thing you'd do more often if you had more time?
I'd take up scrapbooking. I think I'd like it, I just don't really have any motivation to get started on it!
18. Are you a big spender or frugal?
I'm trying so hard to learn frugality, but I can't lie - I'm a big spender.
19. Who is your favorite character of all time (from a movie or book)? (Can't be real)
Ashley Baxter Blake from several of Karen Kingsbury's books. I love her character, she's been through so much and yet learns how to trust God through all of it.
20. Would you want to be famous?
For my writing, I absolutely would.